Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New Record, Sort Of: 159

159 active drilling rigs in North Dakota according to the NDIC website.

However, it should be noted that Rory sent me the active rig list (from the NDIC website) that clearly showed 159 active rigs on November 15, 2010, despite the NDIC saying there were still 158 active rigs.

Now, see comment below, I've been told that there were 160 active rigs on November 17, 2010, which in fact may be correct. If so, I missed it.

I'll wait for additional feedback before going to 160 as the record. The Director's Cut in December should clear it up. As noted below, on any given day there are rigs taken off the active list because they are in the process of moving, etc., so there's not question that if the "official" count is 159 rigs, in fact, the list could be longer by two or three.

4 comments:

  1. I thought that the active rig list hit 160 on 11-17-2010?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may have, but if it did I missed it. I know that on any given day there are some rigs off the list because they are in the process of moving, etc., and not considered active.

    The bigger embarrassment is that I already called "159" the record after Rory sent me the list of active rigs on November 15. So I will change the above post and note that the number of active rigs may, in fact, be 160 according to your note.

    Regardless, the Director's Cut next month should clear it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ndic indicates 160 rigs drilling this morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got it, thanks. Impressive. Thank you for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete