Sunday, November 21, 2010

Billings, Montana: Record Snowfall -- Not a Bakken Story

Great for skiers.
Billings-based meteorologist Sean Campbell tells the Billings Gazette that a foot of snow fell on the city between midnight and 6 p.m., eclipsing the previous one-day record of 2.5 inches set in 2007.
 I hope no one planning to attend the upcoming Global Warming conference in Cancun, Mexico, has a connecting flight through the upper Midwest this winter. Since weather moves west to east over fly-over country, best for global warming conference attendees to avoid connecting flights through Chicago.

2 comments:

  1. if they truly believe in global warming ,they would not burn the jet fuel to go and would teleconference over the internet . jj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for not taking me to task for posting these emotionally-charged notes. I try to keep such postings to a minimum but I have strong feelings about a few things.

    Thank you for your support. But don't worry; I will get back to the Bakken.

    Having said all that, the folks in Montana should have a good year for skiing. I hope so. Lots of jobs depend on that.

    ReplyDelete