Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Earl 1-13H, Samson Oil and Gas, Reaches Total Depth

Holy mackerel, as we used to say, there's a huge amount of news coming out of the Bakken today. I think this is my seventh posting so far today. Be sure to scroll down to catch all the stories.

This post from Rigzone:
Samson Oil and Gas announced that the Earl 1-13H reached total depth of 17,342 feet early on October 18 (that would be yesterday). It is a short lateral, so a rather deep hole before they went horizontal.
The well is being prepared for a four-inch liner to fracture stimulate 20 stages.

This story in and of itself is not all that important in the big scheme of things. I post it for two reasons. First, it was published in Rigzone which tells me there is international interest in what is going on in the Bakken (duh); and, I have a soft spot in my heart for the guys (and gals) associated with this small company (market cap = $85 million). Each well must feel like a very personal success.

I certainly hope I don't have Samson Oil and Gas mixed up with Samson Resources, smile.

The Earl 1-13H is just east of Williston; the operator is Zavanna, LLC, and the rig is Nabors 587.

No comments:

Post a Comment