Thursday, October 21, 2010

American Oil & Gas (AEZ) Reports a Nice Well (Bakken, ND, USA)

Talk about coincidence.

This morning I posted a long note about a string of wells north of Epping, along State Highway 2 into Ray. It was a posting on a completely random area that popped out at me when I looked at the GIS map server this morning. I had no expectation of any imminent results to be announced.

This afternoon, after I got back from my semi-annual dental visit, the results of one of those wells was reported. It was American's (AEZ) Bergstrom 15-23H, #18887.

The IP was ... drum roll ... 2,444.  18,000 barrels in first 20 days. At $55/barrel = $1 million at the wellhead.

This was a wildcat, folks, by a small company operating in the Bakken.

For a better, more complete posting, I should have mentioned that AEZ's first wildcat in this area, the Ron Viall was also a very nice well (1,748), reported back in May, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment