Thursday, May 31, 2018

The Bleeding Is Not Over Yet -- WTI Back Below $67; Someone Must Have Seen EIA Inventory Numbers To Be Released Later Today -- May 31, 2018

No North Dakota wells come off the confidential list today

EIA weekly petroleum report: due out later this morning.

American auto industry: looks like Chrysler will be history by the end of the week. Parent company likely to "retire" the brand.
It will hardly be missed; Chrysler namesake is now on only two vehicles, the "ancient" 300 (a car my dad had many, many years ago) and the Pacifica. I've had three Chrysler minivans, loved them all, still driving two of them. Or at least my wife is.
Ford will be down to two automobile models and then all the rest SUVs, cross-over SUVs, and pick-up trucks.
I saw a lot of nice Chevy automobiles on my recent cross-country trip. Something tells me GM may fill this US automotive niche quite nicely. I loved the Chevy Sonic I had rented from Enterprise, but still -- I found it amazing the dash on my 2012 Honda Civic was so much more modern than that of the Sonic. In addition, the switchology on the Honda Civic was so much better. Chevy was handicapped by the fact that it could not integrate its entertainment system with the car's dash data (fuel, range, etc). Tesla, however, does that very, very well.

*****************************
Back to the Bakken

Active rigs:

$66.905/31/201805/31/201705/31/201605/31/201505/31/2014
Active Rigs62482880189

RBN Energy: can trucking and CBR mitigate the Permian's oil takeaway crisis? Not enough trucks, and even worse, not enough truck drivers. Will take years to develop necessary CBR terminals.

No comments:

Post a Comment