Wednesday, January 23, 2013

CLR With Six New Permits In Area Where 100K Bbls In Nine Months Are Being Seen; This Will Make 14 Wells Sited in One Section

I recently made a huge mistake interpreting a press release (I noted it at the post and moved on, but it really bothered me to have made a mistake of that magnitude regarding the Bakken). Because of that mistake, I'm a bit "gun shy" but I think this is correct. On January 18, 2013, I posted a note that CLR will be siting 8 wells in section 16-152-99, Banks oil field

In today's daily activity report, it appears that CLR has permits for six more wells in this field. Again, I can make huge mistakes, and this could be another mistake, but if I'm reading this correctly, CLR will have 8 + 6 wells in this section: 14 wells.

CLR: six new permits announced today in section 16-152-99, Banks oil field:
  • 24837, loc, CLR, Wahpeton 2-16H2, Banks, 
  • 24838, loc, CLR, Wahpeton 3-16H3, Banks, 
  • 24840, loc, CLR, Wahpeton 4-16H1, Banks,
  • 24842, loc, CLR, Wahpeton 5-16H2, Banks,
  • 24843, loc, CLR, Wahpeton 6-16H, Banks,
  • 24844, loc, CLR, Wahpeton 6-16H3, Banks,
There is already one well in this section:
  • 19450, 322, CLR, Wahpeton 1-16H, t7/11; cum 110K 11/12; still flowing 6K bbls/month;
And one well one mile west of this section:
  • 19858, 1, 349, CLR, Jamestown 1-7H, t3/12; cum 119K 11/12; still flowing at 10K bbls/month;
The graphic for these 14 wells is at this link

5 comments:

  1. That must be the biggest well in Jamestown this year. Now Jamestown will ask for oil impact grants.

    Anon -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CLR has a history of naming towns after home towns: I think it has to do with hometowns of their roughnecks....smile...

      Delete
  2. This is one section E of the Charlotte wells. It is also the spacing used in the illustration you posted last week, proposed well pattern for increased density-showing 34 + wells

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It really is incredible isn't it?

      A lot rests on the results of these 14+ wells. It will be interesting to follow.

      Thank you for taking time to write. I will probably add to this post with your information, but I have a pretty bad "cold" tonight -- not the "flu" but ill nonetheless, so will call it a night early.

      Thank you very much for writing. This is a big help. Especially to confirm that I had not made a mistake; as noted, I'm still a bit gun shy after recent error. I'm sure glad I link my sources. Smile.

      Delete
    2. I've posted the link for the graphic to make it easier to access.

      Delete