Sunday, December 23, 2012

Bakken Wells of Note

Periodically while updating some old posts, I run across a Bakken well that is of interest to me for various reasons. I may never run across that well again but I don't want to lose track of it. Many of these wells will eventually be moved to "Monster Wells" but for the moment are not "worthy." However, they interest me for other reasons.

If readers have any other wells that might be "of note," don't hesitate to send them in. I can't promise I will post them all, but I generally do. 

"Deepest" horizontal in Williams County:
  • 23714, 892, CLR, Memphis 2-4H, Last Chance, t2/13; cum 53K 8/13
First Bakken well drilled in the West Bank field:
  • 15683, 436, Murex, Stacey-Lynne 1-12H; West Bank, Bakken, t3/05; cum 306K 12/12; this was the first Bakken well drilled in the West Bank field. West Bank is a small field, 12 sections, southwest of Tioga, just to west of the oldest field in North Dakota, the Beaver Lodge field. 
Not a "Bakken" well, but a well I want to keep track of for awhile:
  • 21235, 0/IA, BTA Oil, Sharon #1, North Taylor oil field, a Winnipeg formation well, a dry gas well; 20K mcf the first month; this is not a "dry" well; the IP for oil was zero, but the IP for gas was 5,000 mcf. (I had called this a "dry" well, but "anonymous" corrected me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment