Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Random Update on Building Permits From The Heart of The Bakken

A reader sent the following comment, but I know not everyone reads comments:
I see Williston is once again posed to beat or break last year's building permits.

According to the city of Williston building deppartment site, the city has issued twice the $$$ amount in building permits/projects compared to last year.

So far as of May 31st, close to $120 million...last year at this time they had close to $60 million. I think Williston will definately hit the $400 million mark this year!

http://www.cityofwilliston.com/DepartmentContent.aspx?DeptID=WND.CW.BNP&PageID=116
This is truly incredible. I would have thought by now things would have started to level off. In fact, I think I posted that a year or so ago (if not, I certainly thought it) that five years into the boom, things would be very, very busy, but at least leveling off. It appears I am wrong.

I can only imagine Dickinson is studying the situation closely (and I say that positively, with no sarcasm). With Whiting's Pronghorn Prospect being compared to the Sanish up north, this should be quite a year for all. 

A huge "thank you" to the reader for helping me out with all the data; there is simply too much for me to follow.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm moving back home to Williston in 10 years when all of the real estate is cheap again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning I thought of a stand-alone post that needs to be written, which I will get to later. But your note is exactly the perfect "intro" for the post. Thank you.

      Delete