Friday, May 25, 2012

Japanese Buyers Line Up for US Shale Gas -- WSJ

Link here to WSJ article.  I've yet to read the entire article, but the headline says everything.

I'll be surprised if the article doesn't mention the fact that Japan has shuttered 54 of its .... 54 nuclear plants (does one shutter a nuclear plant?).  Not a lot of options. Algae comes to mind. But I digress.

When a small island nation -- oh, oh, small, island, nation...global warming....could disappear ... rising sea level ... but again I digress....

When a small island nation shuts off 54 of 54 nuclear reactors, there's not a lot of short term solutions: coal, natural gas, and...yeah, that's about it.

The WSJ article takes up the entire back page (except for the ad which is even bigger) in the print edition. It's a very big story.  A huge thank you to Google and WSJ for letting readers access it. I do my little part by subscribing to the print edition, but have not yet signed up for the free internet access that comes with the paid subscription. My Lutheran background does not let me have everything that's offered. I wonder if that's why smorgasbords are so big (no pun intended) in Norway? The one time Lutherans can have everything they want. The first time I ever tasted shrimp was on a ferry from Norway to Denmark when I was in 8th grade. Another story for another time.

Is kelp related to algae? Kelp is algae.

2 comments:

  1. Very intrusting article. As usual who is opposed to the export of LNG. The one and only Congressman Markey from Massachusetts.

    You just can't fix stupid with that dude. Apparently trade deficits and a healthy economy isn't important to him.

    Satisfying his faux-enviromentalist fellow travelers is more important. If I wanted America to fail he would be my man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I don't know what is worse: Congressman Markey or the mainstream media continuing to seek him out to get a quote/a story. He's starting to make Obama look sensible.

      Delete