Monday, October 10, 2011

Photos of the New Holiday Express Inn -- Williston -- Bakken, North Dakota, USA

Over the weekend, I promised some photos of the new Holiday Inn Express. Here they are:

There are three hotels in this group, all managed by Brutger Equities: HomStay to the left (south); Candlewood straight ahead (to the west); and, the Holiday Inn Express to the right (under construction, north).

It is my understanding that both the Candlewood and the HomStay are contracted out  and not taking reservations. That was true of the Candlewood some time ago; I could be wrong, and things could have changed. Both the Candlewood and the HomStay have been occupied for some time; the Holiday Inn Express is under construction and should be ready for occupants by the end of 1Q12.




From this location, I took one photograph that included these three hotels. Immediately to the left (the south) and just outside the photo is the Williston airport. 

To the east, closer to Million Dollar Way are three more motels: International Inn, Travel Lodge, and Missouri Flats Inns.

In addition, to the north in the same area is the Microtel. 

Farther south, near the hospital are three hotels, some complete, some under construction, including the Hampton Inn and Suites next to the hospital. 

Most of these are new to Williston. 

By the way, these are photos of two other motels mentioned above (in the distance is the Microtel).

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I was curious as everyone, I am from Spokane, Wa I would love to move and see what I could offer in ND but I am wondering about where to stay, are their hotels available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hunch is that rooms might be somewhat more available but still one needs to have reservations before just showing up in Williston.

    Room rates were $189/night when I departed in December, and one hotel (with suites) was up to $250/night.

    Don't be taken in by "suites" designation. The El Rancho, I am told, might have as much floor area as some hotels that say they have "suites."

    Most hotels are contracted out to oil companies and no space is reserved for others; there are some exceptions. You may have to call around.

    With rooms as expensive as they are, you may want to start working on employment possibilities before arriving.

    ReplyDelete