Saturday, October 8, 2011

ConocoPhillips to Split in Two: Downstream and Upstream

Update

See first comment below. I had forgotten that this was already announced, at least as far back as July 14, 2011. I must have completely forgotten because I follow COP pretty closely. A big thank you for everyone bearing with me when I make these mistakes.

Original Post

I posted this yesterday: "For Investors Only: Be Prepared for Some Major Announcements Regarding Mergers."

The timing could not have been better; the subject could have been worded a bit differently, but here's the news: ConocoPhillips will split in two -- downstream and upstream. Huge. For investors that's even bigger than a merger. Wow.

The repositioning is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2012.  That's just a few months from now. In less time than it takes to get an environmental impact study for the Truck Reliever Route completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment