Saturday, October 8, 2011

2012: The Year for McKenzie County -- Bakken, North Dakota, USA

The days, months, and years, with regard to the Bakken, are starting to run together.

I can't remember if I called 2010 or 2011 would be the year for KOG (calling it a year earlier) when Senator Dorgan broke through the federal bureaucracy to start getting the permits on the reservation moving and approved.

The year prior to that belonged to EOG in the Parshall oil field.

The tea leaves tell me that 2012 will belong to McKenzie County. I base that mostly on the permits that have been issued in the past six months; private conversations with four different folks from four different oil companies in the Bakken; c) personal observation as recently as today; and, d) stories like this one. This story, about the Watford City budget, is full of little nuggets, and I will post some data points later if I don't forget.

It's a regional link that will break early, so if you want to read it, I would do it sooner than later.

I would have missed it. Don, thank you, sent me the link, as well as several others.

No comments:

Post a Comment