Tuesday, September 8, 2026

QCOM Up 10% Pre-Market -- September 8, 2026

Locator: 51684QCOM.

****************************
The Eisen-Hour 

WTI: $93.27. Up 2%. 

Labor Day: gasoline above $4 / gallon. Never before seen on a previous Labor Day. 

Perhaps we need to get a grip: the narrative does not fit the facts -- but remember -- China quit buying oil some months ago.

**********************************
Cramer's First Hour 

Cramer's first hour: the stories today -- tech and energy

Dow is down almost one percent; I assume the portfolios of the readers of this blog are "up" so far for the day, see disclaimer:

  • CVX: up $4.17; $213, closing in on 52-week high
  • MPC: up almost $9 in early morning trading; also closing in on 52-week high;
  • PSX: up almost $5 in early morning trading; $213, less than a dollar from the 52-week high;
  • COP: up $2.40 in early morning trading, less than a dollar from the 52-week high;

All this is very, very transitory.  

American stocks are on sale today. 

********************************
Other

Other:

  • Micron (MU): back to $1,000 today.
  • SCCO: up $12 today; back to $210. Still below the 52-week high of $220
  • GLW: up $10 today; back to $165, but well off its 52-week high of $270

 

**********************************
AAPL -- Apple 

Apple's iFold (the foldable iPhone): Here we go. Will be announced tomorrow.

Initially the iFold will be for the rich only -- it will initially be in short supply -- at $2,000 will fly off the shelf -- but only for the ultra-rich. I'm sure Apple's internal polling has this sorted out. Wait until the carriers (Verizon, T-Mobile, ATT) have to subsidize the iFold to compete. Verizon is the primary major nationwide cellular network operator in the United States alongside AT&T and T-Mobile. 

The high price will "protect" the supply chain and deliver incredible revenue numbers, if not necessarily earnings/profits. In addition, the $2000-iFold will make the other Apple smart phones seem very, very, very affordable, especially with the carrier subsidies.  

The iPhone was introduced in June, 2007, at $500. That $500 converts to $800, taking inflation into account, in 2026.

******************************
QCOM

Qualcomm to build chips for AWS.

Qualcomm partners with Amazon to build next-gen AI data center infrastructure. 

Qualcomm: pivoting from smart phones to data centers.  

Amazon / Qualcomm has not announced a physical location for this new center. Hard to say whether Amazon/Qualcomm is looking to announce a "new" AI center or simply mean that Amazon will use Qualcomm chips for all its AI data centers. Qualcomm and MRVL appear to be the "contest" CNBC is following.

Newest buzzword / metric: "compute / watt."  

 

********************************
Disclaimer

Briefly

  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken and I am often well out front of my headlights. I am often appropriately accused of hyperbole when it comes to the Bakken.
  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the US economy and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple.
  • See disclaimer. This is not an investment site. 
  • Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If something appears wrong, it probably is. Feel free to fact check everything.
  • If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them. 
  • Reminder: I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken, US economy, and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple. 
  • And now, Nvidia, also. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Nvidia. Nvidia is a metonym for AI and/or the sixth industrial revolution. 
  • I've now added Broadcom to the disclaimer. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Broadcom. Now, I've added Amazon. And QCOM.
  • Longer version here.