Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Remember The Disclaimer -- Time To Take A Breath; Consolidate -- August 5, 2026

Locator: 51335AMGN.

Tag: Amgen 

This is not an investing site. We've discussed this before. See disclaimer.

AMGN: chart of the day -- completely unexpected -- 

This particular blog is meant for my extended family. It's not for the general reader. 

With regard to investing: much of the following has been posted before. 

Thoughts:

  • after a very volatile, manic two weeks, it's time to slow down, take a breath
    • a new month; lots of dividends to digest 
  • the word for the day: consolidate -- time to add to your favorite positions
  • watch the price of WTI very closely for the next six days
    • if everything goes well, WTI will trend toward $60;
    • if things go badly, WTI will trend toward $80, if not $90 but I'm not betting on $90 any more 
    • it's time for companies like CVX to reward stockholders with a higher dividend or a special dividend -- but I doubt it will happen 
  • new money? If you are unsure what to do, park your money in an ETF -- SCHD, SCHG, SCHB, IHE 

*********************************
Disclaimer

Briefly

  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken and I am often well out front of my headlights. I am often appropriately accused of hyperbole when it comes to the Bakken.
  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the US economy and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple.
  • See disclaimer. This is not an investment site. 
  • Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If something appears wrong, it probably is. Feel free to fact check everything.
  • If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them. 
  • Reminder: I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken, US economy, and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple. 
  • And now, Nvidia, also. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Nvidia. Nvidia is a metonym for AI and/or the sixth industrial revolution. 
  • I've now added Broadcom to the disclaimer. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Broadcom. Now, I've added Amazon. And QCOM.
  • Longer version here