Tuesday, July 28, 2026

End-Of_Day Report --- Iran Launching Missiles At American Base In Jordon -- What's This About Iran Talking Peace -- Trump Taken Advantage Of Again -- On The Day Of Lindsey's Funeral -- July 26, 2026

Locator: 51280B.
Pageviews: 69,525,889; 1900, Tuesday, July 28, 2026.

This page has been severely truncated! Way too much happening after darkI will have to get back to it as I have time. At the same time, I've looked at the SK Hynix story. Jim Cramer was exactly right but that doesn't help serious investors. Cramer et al were acting like panicky traders. And, of course that followed "the Google report" which, of course, was completely misread by investors. SK Hynix: 

On another note: it is very, very possible that Iran has crossed a major line -- striking American military bases in Jordan during a period of-agreed peace, and on a very solemn day when perhaps Trump's most important political ally, Senator Lindsey Graham was laid to rest. And also on a day that Bibi was in town talking to TACO. Maybe I'm over-reacting but right now but the US oil markets don't seem to have misunderstood what this just met.

Market: wow, what a day! Dow pops 600 points; NASDAQ very volatile. BRK-B had a huge day. I will explain this later. It's the same thing I do, but instead of BRK-B, I park my money in SCHD, SCHG, or SCHB. Lately, I've had another, IHE. 

 

Just a couple of many, many examples today.

Tell Jim Cramer: my favorite external disk drives are Seagate disk drives. 

********************************
Back to the Bakken

WTI: $79.07. Has the bleeding stopped? [Yes, late this even oil prices surged.]

Active rigs: 34.

Five new permits, #43160 - #43164, inclusive --

  • Operators: EOG (4); White Rock Oil & Gas
  • Fields: Alger (Mountrail County); Wildcat (McKenzie County)
  • Comments:
    • White Rock has a permit for a wildcat, NWNE 17-146-99, 
      • to be sited 305FNL and 2121 FEL;
    • EOG has permits for two Cottonwood wells and two Alger wells, lot 3, section 6-156-92, 
      • to be sited 399 / 466 FNL and 1702 / 1836 FWL.

Two permits renewed:

  • Devon Energy; two Clifford Bakke permits in Alger oil field.