Thursday, January 19, 2023

Enquiring Minds Want To Know -- January 19, 2023

Sophia is our youngest granddaughter, eight years old, third grade. She and I are joined at the hip, as they say. She knows I'm "ancient," but that seems not to bother her. In fact, she probably thinks of me as something she might find in a museum, and, as such, I'm interesting as well as strange at the same time.

I know she thinks about that a lot.

Sophia loves school and loves her teachers. I assume she can't imagine how empty life would be without school. 

Tonight, from her mom, an exact quote from Sophia, "Way back in 90s, were there schools?"

Break, break.

 It's interesting. After hearing that quote, the dots connect. 

Every day when she comes home from school, every adult asks her the same question, "What did you do in school today?"

I'm beginning to wonder if Sophia thinks adults ask that question because "way back in the 90s" adults  didn't go to school and are curious to know what school is all about.


No comments:

Post a Comment