Friday, November 25, 2022

For The Archives -- Part 2 -- November 25, 2022

"Mass shootings" at schools: this is one of those "ah-ha" moments for me. 

I assume there are good studies with regard to the reason for these school shootings, mall shootings, etc., but I haven't seen those studies. For me the dots connected with I read Quentin Tarantino's "analysis" of Taxi Driver in his most recent book (c. 2022). I know I'm right on this but will let others come to their own conclusions. Right now, I will only say two things about this issue:

  • these mass shootings are not the "result" of accessibility of "assault" weapons; 
    • better laws, enforcement of current laws, and all trials held expeditiously (shooting to sentencing not to exceed six weeks) and in front of "hanging judges" would go a long way in stopping them; 
  • if one wants to understand the phenomenon of these mass shootinig, one would be well-advised to talk with the leading authority on violence

EVs, trucks:

  • open book test for investors;
  • I'm lovin' it and investing accordingly:

The California Air Resources Board has laid out an ambitious plan to eventually force all diesel truck fleets off the road, with varying timelines. This includes mandating that all new trucks operating around busy railways and ports be zero-emission vehicles by 2024; phasing out all diesel trucks from those areas by 2035; and eventually taking every diesel truck and bus fleet off California roads by 2045, where feasible. 

Forecast: let's check back in on December 15, 2022 --


Rising sea levels, link here and here:


No comments:

Post a Comment