Monday, August 1, 2022

Q&A -- August 1, 2022

A reader asked:

Q: I'm wondering if you know where the monthly production for each well is being recorded on the NDIC website ? It used to be on the Scout Ticket but hasn't been updated for a couple months now.

A: I'm not sure what the reader is asking: whether the scout tickets are now up to date, or if the NDIC is posting production at the website on the scout ticket or somewhere else?

After the NDIC updated its website, there were many significant changes.

It appeared to me, and I could be wrong, but my bookmark for the scout tickets no longer worked. 

When I "located" the scout tickets again, "production" did not show up, nor did a link to the file reports.

I could be wrong on that. 

But, "locating" the scout tickets from the NDIC menu solved the problem for both. Again, that was my perception and how I remember it.

Regardless, here are the links:

  • scout tickets with monthly production (that's what I called it, but it's incorrect; doesn't matter; the link works)
    • at that link, upper left hand corner, menu includes "scout ticket data" and "field production."
  • scout ticket:
    • in the "old days," scout ticket went immediately to "production data" -- at least the way my links were configured; but now, the scout ticket at this link has the link to "production history" (which was always there); again, it may be just the way I had the links and perhaps nothing changed at the NDIC. I don't know.  
  • production history: my hunch is I was wrong when referring to the "well production history data" as the scout ticket. 

With regard to whether the data at "production history" is current or not, I assume the data is current. Most wells now show data for 6/22 (June, 2022) although some, like Oasis, are still showing data only through 5/22 (May, 2022).

I'm posting this now, but I have not checked to see if the links work. I will do that once this is posted and then correct if necessary. Later: I checked the links and they seemed to work.

Most interestingly, these links seem to work on the Firefox browser again. During the transition to the new system, I couldn't access the scout tickets / production histories on Firefox, but could access them on Chrome and Safari. 

Note: there may be typographical and content errors above. This is a conversation and the conversation may continue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment