Tuesday, September 7, 2021

mRNA -- Game Over -- September 7, 2021

Updates

September 11, 2021: see this post. Whatever happened to the JNJ vaccine?

Original Post 

This is really cool. During the summer I ran into an individual that said the Covid-19 "vaccines" were not, in fact, vaccines. That blew me away. Of course they were vaccines. Maybe not. That's why I love philology. So, after hearing that, I went back to see where this "they are not vaccines" was coming from. 

I now understand where these folks are coming from. I can't recall; I think I may have talked about it before on the blog. I really can't recall.

But back to those folks who said these "Covid-19' vaccines are not really vaccines." 

Technically, I think they are correct. But it suggests to me these folks do not understand philology.

One of the seven habits of highly effective people, Stephen Covey:

#5: seek to understand first, before making yourself understood.

I understand. 

So, where are we now? 

From Yahoo!Finance, senior reporter Anjalee Khemlani, September 7, 2021: 

Pfizer and its partner BioNTech recently got FDA full approval for the most widely-approved and sought after COVID-19 vaccine in the world, to date.

It signals an important change in how vaccines of the future could look, according to Arnaud Bernaert, formerly head of Global Health and Healthcare at the World Economic Forum.

Bernaert, now head of Health Security Solutions at Swiss-based SICPA, told Yahoo Finance, "I think it's game over. I think it's mRNA or nothing. [Other technology] takes too long."

Pfizer, BioNTech and Moderna (MRNA) are invested in the tech, with announcements of pursuits of combination flu-covid shots as well as other diseases.

The potential for mRNA was recognized early. 
"mRNA vaccines represent a promising alternative to conventional vaccine approaches because of their high potency, capacity for rapid development and potential for low-cost manufacture and safe administration," according to a 2018 article in Nature.

Vaccinia: 18th century "technology."

mRNA vaccines: 21st century technology.  

For information on how vaccines for "seasonal flu" are made, link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment