Saturday, February 15, 2020

Getting Ready For A Great Day -- February 15, 2020

Wow, I'm in a good mood. I have no commitments until 9:30 a.m. so I could have slept in but as soon as I woke up, I jumped out of bed to get started. Too much going on.

Weather: first of all, the-3day weekend is going to be gorgeous in north Texas. Each day -- Sat-Sun-Mon -- will get progressively. The weather-person said it was going to be another cold day today. Hardly. Temperature right not -- 7:38 a.m. local -- 40 degrees with not a cloud to be seen. Will get near 70° by late this afternoon.

Virus: the coronavirus story has gotten me all excited about viruses again. Will provide a few comments later.

Tax reform "2": or whatever they call it. Exciting, exciting, exciting. Trump administration, after vacillating for quite some time, appears ready to clearly differentiate themselves from the tax and spend party. Yes, I know, the GOP will spend just as much.

Investing in oil: this is not an investment site, but the news coming out of the market yesterday certainly suggested an interesting take on investing in fossil fuel. More on that later, also.

Director's Cut: and I still have to provide commentary on the Director's Cut that was released yesterday.

Granddaughters: I think Sophia had one of her best days ever at Tutor Time yesterday, the annual Valentines Day party. It really was nice. Olivia will have an incredible day today for her soccer game. I won't be going, because I will be at gymnastics with Sophia later this morning. And finally, the oldest, Arianna, is in Ft Lauderdale, FL, this weekend staying at a 5-star hotel to participate in a national water polo tournament. A pretty big deal. I remember my big trip growing up was a train ride from Williston to Ray, ND, when I was in kindergarten. Arianna flew to Florida on her own, met up with her teammates, and says she's having a great time. I'm sure she is. Unlike most past trips, the vast majority of parents did not go this time -- just the coaches, the players, and a few parents.

Speaking of family: I updated the family genealogy website. I see that someone from Germany left a comment regarding the maternal family name: Fleßner or Flessner. This social media "stuff" is truly incredible.

Okay, time to start. Where to begin? I usually start out fast and then slow down. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment