Thursday, May 4, 2017

The Fracn8r -- The Williston Herald -- May 4, 2017 -- Maybe Top Local Story Of The Week

A nice human interest story on the "Fracn8r. In case the link is broken:
  • Monte Besler
  • high school classmate: Lynn Helms
  • Halliburton employee
  • recently recognized by Williston Basin Section Society of Petroleum Engineers with a Lifetime Service Award for his work in the are
  • his second award from his peers; the first: from the Williston Basin Chapter of the American Petroleum Institute -- the latter created an individual award in that category after Besler tied with Continental Resources (CLR) for its Outstanding Achievement Award -- he, in turn, presented the award to to Kathleen Neset -- who is founder and CEO of a consulting business in Tioga
  • Besler has a degree from SD School of Mines and Technology; the degree led him to his first job in Dickinson; and that job led him to the Williston Basin
  • stayed with Halliburton through 1998
  • then moved to Hess (1998)
  • now, his own consulting firm
***********************************
A Note To The Granddaughters

I love these stories -- the one up above about Monte Besler. I have never met him, but I feel I "know" him. It seems in every profession, in every walk of life, you will find one individual at any given time that makes all the difference in the world.

Decades ago, while serving in the USAF at Grand Forks AFB, ND, my job required me to be on call 24/7 for weeks at a time. I was often called into work for "an emergency" at 3:00 a.m. I always hated that ... but invariably there was another individual already there, who had been there hours before I was .... and he loved his job, and he had no problem being called in to work at all hours of day or night ... and he was always there with a huge smile ... and as soon as I walked in at 3:00 a.m.... from the -40 degrees in North Dakota winter -- I felt right at home, happy to have been called to come in.  As soon as I saw him, I knew things would go well.

*************************************
Another Note To The Granddaughters

You will never listen to these songs; that's fine. But when I'm long gone maybe you will come back to this clip to know what I loved.

Top Ten Country Western Songs
 
I agree with one who commented: if you want to do a top ten country western song list, you won't succeed unless you do a top 500.  I can't disagree with #1 but I could easily come up with another 100 that could also be #1.

Meanwhile, the queen of country pop, is Shania Twain. Canadian; top selling album of all time. I remember an incredible evening with an Air Force singer serenading the wing commander with "That Don't Impress Me Much."  An enlisted female singer serenading a senior male officer and all of us loving it.

Top Ten Country Female Singers

No comments:

Post a Comment