Friday, September 5, 2014

Must-Read Article In The Atlantic Monthly On Watford City -- September 5, 2014

Too much happening today. I apologize to readers for not thanking them by e-mail for their links. I'm just trying to move as fast as I can.

This is an incredible story. Regular readers remember that it was The Atlantic Monthly that was the first mainstream media outlet that questioned (hinted) that the Bakken boom was over. That was February 12, 2013.

I haven't had a chance to read this article, but will come back to it later.

It will be fun to compare this article with what I just saw in Watford City last week (or maybe it was the week before; time moves fast). It will be interesting to see if The Atlantic Monthly mentions the oldest profession in this article. If not, count on The Dickinson Press to do so.

This is a very short clip of driving south out of Watford City. I was driving south; oncoming traffic obviously driving north into Watford City -- I wish I had started the filming a bit earlier, but I was at the traffic light and had to keep track of what was going on. This was Friday afternoon, Labor Day weekend:

Driving South Out Of Watford City, late August, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment