Thursday, August 21, 2014

First Day In Williston -- August 21, 2014; Video Of New 5-Lane Highway Southwest Of Watford City

My wi-fi is acting up; having trouble all day accessing internet. I generally won't have wi-fi after 7:00 p.m. while visiting Williston. Postings will be delayed; photos and videos may be delayed until I get back home. I will respond to e-mail but such responses may be delayed.

**********************************
Miscellaneous While I Have Wi-Fi

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment decisions based on what you read here or what you think you may have read here.

Williams Cos reaffirms dividend growth guidance through 2017; increases quarterly dividend by 32% to $0.56 per share from $0.425 per share :
  • The co is reaffirming dividend-growth guidance of ~15% annually
*****************************
Random Video Driving Into The Bakken
Bakken Driving 101

My first time back to the Bakken in several months. 

About 7:00 a.m., southwest of Watford City, on the new 5-lane (four-lane plus middle turning lane) US Highway 85 between Watford City and Williston. About 13 miles is completed between Watford City and Alexander. The drive going through construction with the fog and pitchblack was even more exciting, but I did not have camera; I was concentrating on the obstacle course. Maybe on my return trip. Smile.

Lots of video taken, but taking way too long to load. This is the shortest piece of video I had. Will gradually get others loaded.

New US Highway 85 southwest of Watford City, 7:00 a.m. CDT (6:00 a.m. MDT, I believe), August 21, 2014; visibility said to be 1/2 mile; I think it was significantly less. Almost all traffic going south from Williston to Watford City (oil service companies in Williston; most intense drilling around Watford City). I was unable to keep up with (speed) trucks in front of me. No trucks behind me at time this was being filmed.

The unwritten "rule" in driving in the fog in the Bakken appears to be: if everyone just drives faster than the person behind you, then everything should work out okay. In other words, if you see headlights in your rear view mirror you are not driving fast enough.

And, yes, regular readers know which music video I will put up tomorrow. LOL.  

............... added August 22, 2014: 

<center>
Lights Over The Hill, Slim Dusty
 

No comments:

Post a Comment