Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I Guess I'm The Gullible One

Earlier I wrote this:
It seems the only place on earth that is actually warmer is the Arctic. The warmists explain that the the warming Arctic is responsible for one of the coldest winters on record. And on the other side of the earth, the Antarctic, a gazillion times bigger than the Arctic, is actually getting bigger based on whatever data we have. The earth tilts slightly off its vertical axis. According to wiki, the axial tilt is 23.4 degrees, with the Arctic tilted away from the sun. Wouldn't it be a hoot if the axial tilt has shifted to 23.399999999 degrees and that accounted for the slight Arctic warming, and the Antarctic cooling, as the former is tilted closer to the sun, and the latter is tilted farther from the sun. Of course, that's just tongue-in-cheek, but I wonder if the warmists have put that data point in their computer models. It would explain everything. And, of course, the US has started to lean so far to the left, that alone might result in the earth wobbling slightly off its axial tilt.
I truly thought the Arctic was the only warm spot on earth; all I ever read from the warmists is that it's unseasonably warm in the Arctic. A reader sent me the weather report for Prudhoe Bay today:
Right now:  -42°F FEELS LIKE -59° 
Earlier today: -42° HIGH AT 3:05 AM
Tonight: -50° LOW
Mostly Cloudy OQ1244 2
Some areas nearby are reporting fog.
Fog
Partly Cloudy 
Wow, I would hate to imagine how cold it would be in Prudhoe Bay if "we" didn't have global warming. But I guess I'm the gullible one, believing the warmists that the Arctic is "warm" this year.

****************************

By the way, just for the archives, I spent a summer in Prudhoe Bay back in the 1970's. It must have been the summer of 1972. 

No comments:

Post a Comment