Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Dickinson Press Is Reporting That The Sun Will Rise In The East Tomorrow

The Dickinson Press is reporting: on-time trains a rarity east of Fargo.

LOL.

Is this news? Everyone in North Dakota knows this. During the winter Amtrak can be 24 to 36 hours late. Even during the summer, I always felt that the 11:00 a.m. train to Williston was on time if it arrived before sunset.

I was just surprised that TDP implied it was only east of Fargo. As far as I know, and I've ridden Amtrak a lot, it's never on time across the whole northern tier from Boston to Portland (Oregon), or south from Chicago to San Antonio.

But as long as it was posted, we might as well make something of it. Just think of Amtrak to passenger train service as ObamaCare to health care service. Getting care is going to be delayed and VERY expensive. Both Amtrak and ObamaCare are heavily subsidized. See recent post on same. Maybe I will link it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment