Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thundering Telephones, Batman -- We're Down to $30/Month For Unlimited Data

Update

Later, 12:45 p.m.: I just looked at Virgin Mobile's nationwide coverage. I wouldn't do this; I travel too much and have friends and family in fly-over country. Without roaming capability, this offer does not fly. But, it may spur ATT to do something similar.

Original Post
Link here.
Virgin Mobile's Beyond Talk unlimited data and messaging plans for iPhone start at $35 per month for access to Sprint's Nationwide Network, and customers can receive a $5 per-month plan discount when they register for automatic monthly payments with a credit card, debit card or PayPal account, making iPhone available for as low as $30 per month. Customers can also use their iPhone as a mobile hotspot through Virgin Mobile for an additional $15 per month.
I currently pay about $75 for two Sprint cellphones. Voice only. No data. And my younger daughter (who has the second cell phone) just called to tell me she doesn't need all the minutes in our plan. The Virgin Mobile basic plan come with 300 minutes.

I used to pay about a $100 for bundling internet and television at home, which I have discontinued, but for an extra $15 with Virgin Mobile, one could have a "hot spot" which could connect to a mini to stream television.

This is getting very, very interesting very, very fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment