Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Jobs in the Bakken

My site was not set up for advertising and is not well suited for advertising.

Occasionally I get requests from folks to post something on this site that probably fall under the definition of "advertising." If it fits the blog and provides information readers might be interested in, I would look favorably upon posting it. I just don't know where to post it.

So, what I've done in the past for these items is post it initially as a stand-alone post. Then I tag/label it as "classified_ads" at the bottom of the blog, although there is nothing classified about it. But folks know what "classified_ads" are.

I might link it at the side bar at the right, and I also might link it at one of the tabs at the top of the page depending upon the content.

Yesterday, I was sent a note about a site on the net that might interest readers: Midwest Oil Jobs.

Going through the list of ways people find this site, a number are google searches looking for jobs in the Bakken. This obviously is a website that would be useful.

Some of my blog material relates to material that is non-Bakken related and has a political slant. If I ever put up a link to site whose web master doesn't want the website to be linked as a "classified ad," let me know and I will remove that tag/label.

No comments:

Post a Comment