Saturday, March 17, 2012

Location of Stateline I: ONEOK's CRYO Facilty Northwest of Williston, North Dakota

This is really quite cool.

The other day a reader asked me the location of the new ONEOK cryo facility northwest of Williston, North Dakota, known as Stateline I. This facility is scheduled to be completed this year (2012) and its sister facility should be completed in 2013. I do not know where Stateline II is located relative to Stateline I.

It turns out one can see the facility on Google/Maps/satellite view taken when the facility was in the early stages of construction. I was testing the retinal resolution on the iPad at the Boston Apple store last night and used the opportunity to see if I could find the new natural gas gathering and processing plant.

And yup, there it was.

It's almost exactly 6.0 miles north of US Highway 2 on County Road 5: specifically it's at the northeast corner of 151st Avenue NW and 56th Street NW, Williston, ND. Based on the stage of construction and the fact that there is no snow on the ground, it is most likely the satellite photograph was taken last autumn.

One can also see the early stages of construction of the Baker Hughes complex west of Williston.

4 comments:

  1. Charts, some very useful. Click on a chart to expand.

    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/march-17-here-are-17-charts-summarizing-us-energy-situation

    anon 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all great, but I liked the "employment" one and the last one, US imports vs China imports the best. Huge.

      Delete
  2. Google Earth maps the date of the photo is in the lower left corner. The current Photo of ND was taken Sept 10 2011
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny! September. I guessed "last autumn."

      Thank you for the tip about Google dating. I learn a lot from my readers. Thank you.

      Delete