Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fourth New Dorm To Be Constructed At Minot AFB --

I have to thank Don for forwarding me this link.

Some time ago I was taken to task by another reader suggesting that the economic impact of the two air bases in North Dakota was relatively inconsequential in the big picture. Maybe, I don't know. I suppose it's in the eye(s) of the beholder.

At the link:
Congress has approved more than $134 million in federal funds for Minot AFB construction. That amount includes the new dormitory.
This is the fourth new dorm to be built: two have been recently completed; one is under construction, and this will be the fourth new dorm.

In a military drawdown / contraction; the bases that "survive," not only "survive," but thrive. And grow. Remaining bases take on new missions, taking on missions from bases that closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment