Thursday, June 23, 2011

Headwaters of the Missouri -- Where It All Starts

Link here.

A nice blog on the headwaters of the Missouri River.
Water from Hell Roaring Creek will be barreling through the Oahe Dam, hundreds of miles from where it started. And this creek, like much of the Missouri, is flooding. The creek had pushed its banks and was running through the low meadow surrounding it. And hey, I’m no weather or water guru, but there is a lot of snow up there for this time of year. It’s all everyone we ran into was talking about. I’ve spent summers up there every year of my life since I was just a bump in my mom’s belly. And I’ve never seen that much snow in June. Especially not mid-June. May, maybe. The west is a big mess of water this spring and summer.
Beautiful pictures; nice post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment