Friday, May 13, 2011

Google Blogger Has Been Down Since Sometime Wednesday; Some Postings Removed by Blogger

This was absolutely incredible! Google Blogger which hosts this site as well as thousands of others, including some very, very good sites, developed a serious glitch. Apparently it had something to do with widgets that bloggers can add to their sites.

Be that as it may, Google Blogger went down intermittently earlier this week, and then completely down sometime on Thursday. Earlier this morning there was a note that Google Blogger removed all postings from all Blogger sites that were posted at 7:37 a.m. PST, Wednesday morning. I lost several posts, and may or may not bother putting them back up.

I have started a "back-up" or alternate site that I will use if Google Blogger goes down again, over on Wordpress. Something tells me I will never have to use Wordpress now that I have this alternate site: http://bakkenoil.wordpress.com. Obviously it will be linked on the sidebar at the right, near the top. Even when Blogger was down, blogs were "read-only" and links worked.

These are the links to the posts over at Wordpress that I posted after Google Blogger went down:

No comments:

Post a Comment