Thursday, November 18, 2010

Miscellaneous Morning News From the Bakken -- North Dakota, USA

Williston population / housing study numbers coming in: population tops 15,000.

Fallout from recent media coverage: increasing call for regulating fracking.

Fretting over fracking: Grand Forks Herald. (Same story as the one above; two different newspapers.)

The new formation that could rival the Bakken covers almost all of western and southwestern North Dakota. The Tyler formation extends far enough east to include the Bismarck area. Location of Tyler Formation.

2 comments:

  1. People watch too much TV and beleive as gospel.They will repeat it as it is a truth without doing the research to weed out the trash.It is amazing they will vote without researching.
    (see our president)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100%. I would like to add a bit more how I really feel about some of these subjects ("fretting about fracking"), but I don't want to go too far down that road, for fear of getting off the main topic for what this blog is for.

    But I share your thoughts, and really appreciate you taking time to make the comments. (I would have commented earlier, but I got tied up with my grandchildren today -- figuratively.)

    ReplyDelete