Saturday, August 8, 2015

Why Bakken Production Remains High Despite Low Crude Oil Prices -- Filloon -- August 8, 2015

Link here. Archived.

For now, I will simply link the article, without comment. I will post excerpts later if the spirit moves me.

I'm more interested in EOG's conference call which I will talk about later.

***************************
The Usual Suspects

I vaguely recall watching The Usual Suspects some years ago but until I watched it again this evening, I did not recall any of the movie and certainly did not recall the twist.

For all practical purposes, watching it tonight was the first time I "saw" the movie. I loved it. After watching the movie I looked at a few websites to see what others had thought. I was surprised that Roger Ebert did not like it, giving it 1 1/2 stars. Without question, he was way off the mark.

I'm not sure I would have classified The Usual Suspects as film noir but apparently that's how critics pigeon hole it.

Regardless of what genre it is, I loved it. Some critics/reviewers say that after watching it once, there is no enjoyment watching it a second time. Not true.

I did not realize it until seeing it the second time (immediately following the first showing), it's a Quentin Tarantino movie (except for one thing: Tarantino would have had an incredible soundtrack; The Usual Suspects does not.

Tarantino is noted for a) story telling; b) great dialogue; c) violence; d) an incredibly good ensemble; and, e) the soundtrack.

The Usual Suspects  has all of that (except the soundtrack).

The cast is great. The story telling is so Tarantino.

The flashbacks or the action scenes are very, very good, but what I think most folks miss is the absolutely humorous scenes through the entire movie when Kevin Spacey answers the interrogator's questions -- once you know how Spacey's character is coming up with the story -- ad libbing as he goes along.

Most of the movie takes place and is shot on location in San Pedro, California, and at the Port of Los Angeles, just blocks from where my wife's parents lived and where we still visit every summer and during two or three weeks each winter.

Blu-Ray at Target for $5.00 but on sale today for $4.75.

No comments:

Post a Comment