Friday, June 26, 2015

Going On Vacation -- June 26, 2015

I am going to recharge my batteries over the next three weeks. To recharge my batteries, two things:
  • time with my granddaughters will take priority
  • the blog will be less important
Readers should probably expect 
  • fewer posts
  • longer gaps between posts
  • a more cavalier approach to blogging (except the Bakken; my posts on the Bakken -- except the I-98 series -- are always serious)
Readers will be advised to check in on the blog not more than once every 36 hours and then scroll down for updates. I often update posts that are up to two days old.

I will eventually get to all e-mail but I may not answer e-mail as quickly as I like, and I may not link articles as quickly as I like; I may link articles and provide less "cut and paste" and fewer comments.

Sometime in the next 24 hours, my wife and I will be in the front seat of our minivan and our two older granddaughters will be somewhere else in the minivan and we will begin our annual cross-country trip to California.

The itinerary I have thought about but not discussed with my fellow travelers:
  • Grapevine to Santa Rosa: 7 hours, Google (10 hours, reality)
  • Santa Rosa: 2 hours
  • Santa Rosa - Albuquerque: 2 hours, Google (3 hours, reality)
  • Albuquerque - Grand Canyon: 6 hours, Google (8 hours, reality)
Other data points:
  • Albuquerque - Winslow: 4 hours
  • Winslow, AZ to Grand Canyon: 2 hours
Short term goals:
  • Blue Hole in Santa Rosa
  • Nuclear energy museum, Albuquerque
  • Grand Canyon
  • Sedonia
Medium term goals:
  • Flagstaff
Long term goals:
  • San Pedro
  • July 4th party

No comments:

Post a Comment