Tuesday, April 8, 2014

How Incredible Are These Shale Plays? 16 Wells In 960 Acres -- And None Of Them Will Be Dry

The shale energy stories never cease to amaze me. When I started the blog, I had no idea where the blog was headed. My only purpose was to use the blog to try to understand the Bakken. In the process, it has helped me put into perspective the other shale plays.

Look at this note from the Whiting presentation regarding their play in the DJ Basin, specifically the Niobrara A and B:
Our 27L pad is targeting the Niobrara “B” zone while our 27K pad is testing both the Niobrara “B” and “A” zones. Both pads are located in our Razor area and are testing a 16‐well per 960‐acre drilling spacing unit pattern. Initial results from both pads are encouraging with early results from both “B” and “A” zone wells tracking our typical 400 mboe type curve.
***************************************

Someday Soon, Judy Collins