Monday, March 17, 2014

Random Update On Helmerich and Payne

This is not an investment site, but I learned early on one cannot follow the oil and gas industry, nor can one really understand the Bakken, without following the companies. One learns who is doing what and, to some extent, how well they are doing it in the industry by watching their share price.

It was back on January 27, 2011, a little over three years ago when I noted a brand new name to me in the drilling business: Helmerich and Payne. During the week of January 31, 2011, HP was selling for $59. I have mentioned Helmerich and Payne often since that first time.

Today, I see HP has surged over $3.00 and is now solidly above $100/share.

Disclaimer: again, this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment decisions based on what you read here or what you think you may have read here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning Helmerich and Payne. As a stockholder since the early '80's, I have followed its activities closely; for instance, check out the spinoff of Cimarex and its performance. They have a interesting holding of real estate in Oklahoma City; could make an interesting REIT spinoff should they ever decide to divest.

    Also, (if you forgive my last rant...) thank you for the reference to Arvo Part, I am listening to the two CD "The Very Best of ...." even as I write this..

    Keep the Faith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arvo Part: how amazing. It's a small, small world. Thank you for taking time to write.

      Delete