Friday, August 2, 2013

Random Comment Regarding The NDIC GIS Map Server And Overlapping Spacing Units

Somewhere in the blog I provide an explanation of how to use the NDIC GIS map server. (I have not updated that post in ages, so there may be some inaccuracies. It was accurate at the time I posted it to the best of my knowledge, which is quite limited.)

I understand much of the GIS map server, but not all of it. But I understand enough of it to a) make it useful; b) know that it is the best GIS map server among the 50 US states; and, c) make me think I know all I need to know about the GIS map server.

Recently there has been a new wrinkle: "overlapping spacing units." I explain how the GIS map server designates "overlapping spacing units" elsewhere. At that site, scroll to the August 2, 2013, entry.

2 comments:

  1. Bruce, don't know if you saw, or already posted, this. The August docket #20749 has a request by Whiting to try some CO2 injection into the Bakken within a Sanish field well. I know EOG had EOR plans but this is the first I've heard of Whiting trying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for the very, very delayed response. I had a lot of catching up to do.

      Yes, you are correct. To the best of my knowledge this is the first CO2 - Bakkken injection by any operator, I think....I certainly could be wrong on this....I know Denbury had operations in North Dakota and they might have tried CO2 injection but it seems if they had it would have been a big story.

      This well is still on confidential list which I find surprising. I would have thought EOR / CO2 injection would have come on later in the life-cycle of the well. So, we'll see. If it's successful, a new chapter in the Bakken might be written.

      Delete