Monday, May 28, 2012

216 Active Rigs in North Dakota -- New Record -- Happy Memorial Day

Quite astounding, 216 active rigs.

I would not have predicted much above 210 even as recently as a few weeks ago. I've talked about that before.

Huge "thank you" to a reader. I might have missed it.

216 rigs. So much for all that concern about drilling slowing down in the Bakken.  Note: the SeekingAlpha article linked at that site is about two months old.

At the end of the day, the number of rigs is simply one data point. A more important data point is the total monthly production. 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like CHK is getting ready to set up on 137-97-8 Jiliek between Decker and Kostenko.

    Kostenko comes off conf. tomorrow. I feel like the info will be the same as Decker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce

    Thank you for your service to your country.

    Anon 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was very fortunate. Much to be thankful for.

      Delete