Sunday, July 28, 2013

OOIP, Recovery Rates -- Legacy's Data

This all goes back to the discussion that was started with regard to recovery rates, what naysayers were saying, what the industry in general was saying, and what Whiting was reporting.  I think some of the recovery-rate data fed to us in the past was being low-balled by different folks, all with different agendas.

Don sent me the link to Legacy's corporate presentation and directed me to slide #37.

I don't have the notes to that slide (nor the narrative, obviously), and it is beyond my expertise, but if I understand the slide, here is what I see:

Legacy's working interest in their Spearfish play in southern Saskatchewan/northern North Dakota:
OOIP: 494,953 mbbls
Recoverable:
  • 27,539 (low estimate) - 5.6%
  • 39,556 (best estimate) - 8.0%
  • 60,978 (high estimate)  - 12.3%
Legacy's working interest in their Bakken play in southern Saskatchewan/northern North Dakota:
OOIP: 240,052 mboe
Recoverable:
  • 18,417 (low estimate) - 7.7%
  • 36,412 (best estimate) - 15% (no typo -- checked twice)
  • 54,355 (high estimate)  - 22.6% (ditto)
There are some other interesting data points at that presentation but they will have to wait. I'm on my way to the Sports Bar to watch NASCAR.

Good luck to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment