Friday, May 28, 2010

Another Natural Gas Play

Shell pays $4.7 billion to buy private natural gas company.

I have opined for the past year or so that I think something is going on in the natural gas industry. Some smart folks are investing a lot of money in natural gas when prices are at historic lows.

I have accumulated shares in natural gas companies since I first started investing in 1984. I do very little trading, very little selling. I simply include shares of these companies in my overall portfolio. Most of the companies in which I buy shares pay dividends which I reinvest in the same companies that paid them. It hasn't been a pretty picture these past few years, but I continue to accumulate those shares. Time will tell how this all works out but it is interesting to see these natural gas plays.

Unfortunately, the rest of the story about Shell's purchase is full of "bad news."  Be that as it may. 

No comments:

Post a Comment