Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Housing Challenge In Williston: New York Times

Interesting, but, ultimately, a very concerning story about the housing problem in Williston, North Dakota: a New York Times slide show on Williston.  This was a front page story in the New York Times, on-line edition, April 21, 2010. Yes, the Bakken is still a big story.

I think there are times and places where people are in the eye of the hurricane; tremendous energy and activity all around them and they are not aware of all that is happening. Only if they fly back through the storm, or look at the changes some time later, will they realize what a remarkable piece of history they are experiencing. I think of the hardworking staff at Grandma's restaurant on the by-pass, all the people they serve each noon, and all the stories they must hear.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog Bruce and long time no see. I stumbled across your blog the other day and not sure really how I found it. I was surfing or something and up it popped. I assume you are retired? Where are you living? I assume 2 grandchildren?

    Dave Kuschel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Dave.

    Thank you for your kind comments. My e-mail address is at my site if you want to write directly (oksol@yahoo.com).

    I am retired. 30 years in the US Air Force. Retired in 2007. My wife and I follow our two grandchildren wherever their Navy dad and our daughter take them (San Diego, Charleston, Boston). My residence is San Antonio, TX, but only for an address: my real address is with our grandchildren. If you go any of my other blog sites (see sidebar on the right) you will get feeling for what I'm doing in retirement. Two grandchildren, ages 3 and 6.

    I own no mineral rights; have very little investment in Bakken companies, but the activity there interests me greatly and that's why I have this site.

    ReplyDelete