Monday, March 8, 2010

Hidden Gem in a Ho-Hum News Story

News story on the Bakken oil conference in Bismarck, ND.

I would not have posted this as a stand-alone post except for one thing.

Click on the link above and read the story.

See if you see anything there that catches your eye.

Hint: search "Birdbear."

Yup. There was nothing new in this story, except when the reporter mentioned three formations that are attracting attention: the Bakken, the Three Forks Sanish, and the Birdbear.

I recently posted a very successful re-entry well into the Birdbear.

Is there more to the story? Something tells me this reference to the Birdbear is a big deal.

But, then, of course, I am irrationally exuberant when it comes to the Bakken.

By the way, if you can't get excited about the Bakken after reading NOG's press release today, then I don't think anything will get you excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment