Monday, February 24, 2020

Notes From All Over, Part 2 -- February 24, 2020

Clearing out the in-box. These are for my benefit. I saw the headlines, but did not have time to read the articles:
  • Global warming: FERC rules clean energy must pay higher market price in New York, Reuters
  • Boxing: one of the great performances in heavyweight history, Powerline
  • Iran: Soleimani's assassination leaves Revolutionary Guard reeling, Powerline
  • India: earlier I asked whether President Trump really addressed 110,00 people. Link here.
JFK assassination: I'm back in this "phase." It started quite awhile ago when I became fascinated with Dorothy Kilgallen. And I'm mostly fascinated with her reporting. Who knew? I've been culling my library. I have gone through several phases in my life regarding literature and reading. I'm clearing out my Ernest Hemingway library and my Mark Twain library. It will be "emotionally" easy to get rid of my Anaïs Nin library, but I'm not sure what to do with those books. I certainly can't give them to high school libraries. Some of the best of this very long video is in the Q&A.

McDonald's: there must be a new owner-manager of the McDonald's that has become my new home for blogging. He and his companion (husband/wife?) have been here every morning for the past six or seven days. They have breakfast here every day. Then they go over a lot of paperwork. Today, they are doing a very exhaustive walk-around checking everything inside and outside the restaurant. Two McDonald's worker-bees are trailing behind and along-side with clipboards, taking notes. Quite interesting. Later: inside getting a real cleaning by the McDonald's employees. Enough of this. I'm heading out. Good luck to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment