Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Noble Energy Partners Has Purchased Working Interests In One Bakken Drilling Unit -- Press Release -- December 11, 2018

I am, either:
  • ahead of my headlights; or, 
  • showing my ignorance.
First the press release from a reader:
Noble Energy Partners has purchased working interests and overriding royalty interests in 13 Bakken and 2 Eagle Ford Shale horizontal wells and affiliated pipeline infrastructure. 
The thirteen Bakken wells are located in Mountrail County, North Dakota and are operated by EOG Resources. The 13 wells have a combined average daily production of 1,719 BOPD and 2,110 MCFD, across 1280 acres with an average depth of 20,000 feet.  
First some "safe" comments.

It's somewhat amazing this story made the news -- obviously the company can send out a press release but it doesn't mean anyone will see it. But in this case, the press release was seen.

Why is it amazing? At least to me? We are talking about one drilling unit in the Bakken: "across 1280 acres." Twelve-hundred-eighty acres is now the standard for drilling units in the Bakken.  So, NEP invested in one drilling unit?

The press release said the company has working interests and overriding royalty interests in the 13 wells in the Bakken but does not suggest they will be an operator.

Their website suggests that NEP focus is on  investing in niche sectors in midstream and upstream oil and natural gas pipelines.

Pipelines.

I was going to write more, but my editor suggests I hold off. We'll leave it at this for now.

I think the story speaks volumes. I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment