Friday, November 27, 2020

Notes From All Over -- The Retail Edition -- November 27, 2020

Lego: Every one of these higher-priced sets is sold out at Lego. I am on the waiting list for one of the six sets shown:

Some stores on Main Street (or at the mall) seem to be doing just fine. 

********************************************
Mississippi Kites

The nature page. This is pretty cool.

About a week or so ago, I saw them for the first time, and identified them for the first time, a squadron of Mississippi kites. I had not seen them before (to the best of my knowledge); I did not know of them. I spent some time reading about the on the internet, and stumbled across a book on these kites. 

I ordered the book from a thirty party book reseller on Amazon. It exceeded my expectations. It looks brand new; the seller said the duck jacket shows minor shelving wear, otherwise an unblemished copy. It looks brand new to me; it certainly does not appear it has ever been read. 

********************************************
Cousins

This photo was taken right after Thanksgiving dinner last evening. The two cousins were in a really, really good mood. Turkey and salmon was on the menu but no honey-baked hams! Ham for dinner is often an awkward moment for these two, though Sophia says Corky loves bacon.

Piggy and Corky.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny!! Glad you didn't serve ham for thanksgiving! There has to be an interesting story about where Corky showed up, LOL! Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a long, involved story re: Corky's return. I will post it later.

      Delete