Friday, February 1, 2019

February 1, 2019, T+30 -- Nothing About The Bakken

Fake news: all that Mueller talk about "illegal" phone calls between the Trumps and the Russians. It turns out to be bogus. Top Trump critic admitted as such on MSNBC. No link. The story might be difficult to find.

Voluminous: by the way, speaking of which, can you imagine how thick the Mueller report will be? In fact, I think that will be the headline story somewhere -- the size of the report -- the Mueller report will be in multiple volumes, perhaps a dozen volumes, each the size of the "old" New York telephone book.

Off the rails: I've quit listening to/watching Scott Adams. He has completely gone off the rails.

Talk radio: this needs to be fact-checked. It took 24 special ops folks to take out Osama bin Laden. It took 27 FBI agents to take out Roger Stone. And, now, you can't compare the numbers of support folks behind both operations. I assume the 27 FBI agents who took out Roger Stone will be submitted for Congressional Gold Medals.


Super bowl: the betting down here in north Texas that the Super Bowl will be won by the team that scores the most points -- assuming the refs don't blow it.

Super bowl: speaking of which. The commissioner raises the possibility of adding an eighth ref on the field after the Rams-Saints fiasco. OMG! That's the last thing anyone wants. Without question, a flag could be thrown after each play: there is so much pushing, tripping, holding, taunting, unsportsmanlike conduct during each play. Adding an eighth ref will simply guarantee more calls, more flags, more penalties, and a much longer game. And the latter is the least of the NFL problems. The owners and the players, especially, don't want more refs. Using this logic, why don't we just put eleven refs on each side of the line, so that each player can be watched? I have a much better solution but that an $2.11 will get you a tall Pike Place at Starbucks.

Politics: speaking of which. Any update regarding Starbucks CEO running for president. Most likely this story will simply fade away.

Adulting. I used to think "adulting" was one big joke, but it turns out there may be more to it. I'll talk about it later, when I get home where I have the book from which I can quote. The book was way to thick to take with me to work this morning.

Comments on the blog: occasionally I "turn off" the comments capability. If I do that, I do it overnight when I cannot monitor the blog. There are periods when I get dozens of spam comments, and I worry about "denial of access" attacks on the blog. It is amazing that by doing that -- simply turning off the comments app for a few hours at night I've almost completely eliminated such spam. This suggests to me the spam is coming from a site(s) that is twelve hours away the central time zone. When it's night here, it's daylight where the spammers are located. Glad to see they've bookmarked the blog; sad to see they're sending bogus comments.

And now the weather report: beautiful. Reporting from north Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment