Friday, September 4, 2020

Top ND Non-Energy Story Of The Week? Cash-Strapped, In Deep Trouble -- American Airlines Adds Non-Stop From Bismarck To Phoenix -- September 4, 2020

Wow, so many story lines, but I'm enjoying The T.A.M.I. Show to do any more than simply post the screenshot:

Right now, I'm watching Leslie Gore. I've always wondered where that classic YouTube video was filmed. Now I know: Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, 1964. Can you imagine being a student, or maybe even a teacher, at Santa Monica High School in 1964.

Wow, Leslie Gore did a full set, not just a single song as I would have expected. I think she sang six songs. Amazingly enough, all the acts hung around for every performance and everyone a) seemed so young, and b) seemed like they were having an incredibly good time. This easily competes with anything D. A. Pennebaker did. 

End of an era:

Wow, so many of those classic YouTube videos were from the 1964 Santa Monica Civic Center concert. This is priceless. A two-hour uninterrupted televised concert of the greatest rock-and-roll acts -- to not include the Beatles or Elvis -- in 1964.

Speaking of the Beatles, even though they were not there, Billy J. Kramer was. And he, and his group, the Dakotas, also performed a full set. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment