Thursday, July 21, 2022

The Grids: Re-Posting -- July 21, 2022

I'm re-posting this because I think it's important and because it compares and contrasts what's going on in New England and New York with what's going on in Texas.
 
By the way: the electricity demand in New England yesterday was off the charts! I think it was the highest I've seen in the many years I've been tracking ISO-NE.  One of my regular readers with regard to ISO-NE can fact-check me on this.

We all have our world views, our myths, and we all have different filters, and look at the world through different lenses.
 
From my worldview:
  • Texas is doing it right; New England is not.
    • Texas' problem: growing too fast; sucked into renewable energy
    • New England's problem: sucked into renewable energy; no plan B
  • my focus:
    • New England: very expensive energy when it does not have to be expensive
    • Texas: cost is not an issue; maintaining the grid is the issue
  • both New England and Texas: this is exactly what the solar and wind developers were counting on
    • if one pays attention to pricing structure for renewable energy, everything makes sense
From twitter, link here:

ISO-NE


ISO-NY 


 ERCOT

Link here.

Grid had absolutely no problem today and won't have a problem this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment