Sunday, October 24, 2021

Off The Blog For An Hour Or So -- October 24, 2021

NASCAR: today, 2:00 p.m. Second of three for the group of eight.

Hit a wall: I wanted to post another few blog entries, but I need to take a break, but wow, take a look at the initial production for wells coming off the confidential list this next week. It's hard to believe we won't see a significant jump in production in the Bakken when the September, 2021, data is posted.

Enerplus continues to report a number of incredible wells, and again, this pad drilling / completion is incredible. Yes, I know, I use "incredible" too often. Same with "awesome." And "staggering." And "wow." There seems to be a trend. Oh, that's right. This is the "Bakken blog." LOL. 

Early on several fields in the Bakken were identified as particularly notable. Never, never, never did I think much of the Manitou oil field northeast of Williston. But all of a sudden, wow. I thought it was only Enerplus that cracked the Manitou code, but now I see Hess with an EN-Joyce well has a huge Manitou well. I had to take another look to make sure there was not a content or typographical error. But I think it's all correct. If not, we'll sort it out later. But if I'm correct, it speaks volumes about the Bakken. 

So, anyway, I have a lot of housekeeping to do on the blog, but for now, I have to take a break. Baseball is "off" for a few days before the World Series begins. I haven't watched the PGA in such a long time -- lost interest -- don't know why -- maybe the high point for the year was the Ryder Cup. But NASCAR and NFL today. What a great country. 

Lana Del Rey: I wish the language was a bit less "adult," so I could post a few more videos, but she simply amazes me, like the Bakken. 

NFL today: nothing interests me. Maybe Bears / Buccaneers later this afternoon. Seahawks play tomorrow night. I guess the Cowboys -- how 'bout them Cowboys? -- are off this week. Their next game? At Minnesota Vikings, October 31, 2021. Halloween. 

Traveling: I'll be mentioning this again. I'll be traveling again this week. I hate the "thought" of traveling, but once I get started it's not so bad. 

For investors: Piper Sandler's latest investor report. The interesting thing: much of this matches Jim Cramer's "inflation winners": energy, financials (banks). Among energy, highlighted: XOM (yawn), CVX, TTE, COP, BP (cough), Equinor (surprising), EOG (nice), ENI (pass), Ecopetrol, RDS (no). 

Just uploaded: the full album, The Beatles, Abbey Road. Uploaded on YouTube September 7, 2021. Album released 1969, the best year ever (in my lifetime, so far) for music.

No comments:

Post a Comment