Monday, August 23, 2021

Pemex Fire In Gulf Of Mexico -- Shuts In 444,000 BOPD -- Reuters -- August 23, 2021

I think folks are aware of the Pemex fire in the Gulf of Mexico, previously posted. I was unaware how much oil was shut in due to the fire: 440,000 bopd? Not fact-checked. Link here

Direct link to Reuters.


Mexico, prior to the fire, was producing less than 1.75 million bopd. Link here.

*************************
The Sports Page

Monday Night Football is airing/playing in the background. I'm really not watching. It's the fourth quarter. New Orleans, 23, Jacksonville Jaguars, 6.

But then my ears perked up, as they say. Trevor Lawrence is not playing. Apparently he played the first half and was then pulled after a pretty mediocre start (and it sounds like I'm being generous).

Deep into the fourth quarter the commentators spent a good ten minutes on how "badly" Trevor Lawrence performed. They didn't use that "exact" word but that's what they were saying. Ten minutes of talking about how bad Trevor Lawrence played. A lot of cliches. A lot of trite statements. My favorite: "College football is different than the NFL." 

Reminds me of the Fitzgerald quote: "Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me."

It might be interesting to tune into First Take tomorrow morning. I haven't watched that television sports talk show in a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment